[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: 'GO:0015522 hydrophobic uncoupler:proton antiporter activity'.

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Apr 3 04:35:36 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:0015522 hydrophobic uncoupler:proton antiporter activity'.

The reason for obsoletion is that this term represent a specific protein in TCDB, 2.A.1.2.9, which actually is a sugar transporter that seems to also function as a multidrug efflux protein.

There are no annotations or mappings to this term. This term is not present in any subsets (slims).

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17115 <https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17115>
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on April 5th, 2019. Unless objections are received by April 5th, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale