[go-friends] Obsoletion notice 'GO:0034437 glycoprotein transporter activity'

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Apr 5 08:27:47 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:0034437 glycoprotein transporter activity'. The reason for obsoletion is that it is not clear that this function exists. Glycoproteins are transported via the secretory pathway.

There are 3 EXP and 1 ISS annotations to this function  (see https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2316).

There are no mappings to this term; this term is not in any subsets (slims).

Any comments can be  added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17130
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on April 16th, 2019.
Unless objections are received by April 16th, 2019, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale