[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete GO:0061506 DNA topoisomerase type II (ATP-independent) activity

Karen Christie Karen.Christie at jax.org
Thu Aug 15 16:16:04 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0061506 - DNA topoisomerase type II (ATP-independent) activity. The reason for obsoletion is that there is no evidence that this function exists. There are no known type II topoisomerase enzymes that are ATP-independent; as far as we know, ALL type II topoisomerase enzymes utilize hydrolysis of ATP.

There are 0 experimental annotations to this term by (list of impacted groups and their respective numbers of EXP and ISS annotations).

There are 0 InterPro2GO mappings to this term.

This term is included in the 0 subset(s).

Any comments can be  added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17661

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on August 22nd. Unless objections are received by August 22nd, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thank you,

-Karen

--
Dr. Karen R. Christie
Senior curator, Mouse Genome Informatics

---