[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: modulation by symbiont of host transmembrane receptor-mediated cAMP signal transduction and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Dec 4 01:10:59 PST 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete:

*  GO:0075115 modulation by symbiont of host transmembrane receptor-mediated cAMP signal transduction
*  GO:0075117 negative regulation by symbiont of host transmembrane receptor-mediated cAMP signal transduction
* GO:0075116 positive regulation by symbiont of host transmembrane receptor-mediated cAMP signal transduction

There are no annotations, no mappings to this term. This term is not present in any slims.

The reason for obsoletion is that there is no evidence that this process exists. The only example I am aware of of transmembrane receptor-mediated cAMP signal transduction is in Dictyotelium, and there is no symbiont known to interfere with this pathway.

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18348.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on December 10th, 2019. Unless objections are received by December 10th, 2019, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale