[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044044 interaction with host via substance in symbiont surface and GO:0044045 interaction with host via substance in symbiont cell outer membrane

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Jun 11 14:36:08 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete
GO:0044044	interaction with host via substance in symbiont surface and
GO:0044045	interaction with host via substance in symbiont cell outer membrane

The reason for obsoletion is that these terms conflate a process and the mechanism of secretion of the compound mediating the process.

There are 17 EXP annotations by CAFA: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Jp2QRFEBMeR2tqOW980VJXMvUr9krRrLXZw03IVVRw/edit#gid=0

There are no mappings to this term. This term is not present in any subset (slim).

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17389 <https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17389>

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on June 17th, 2019. Unless objections are received by June 17th, 2019. we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale