[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044046 interaction with host via substance released outside of symbiont and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Jun 11 14:45:57 PDT 2019

Hello,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

GO:0044046 interaction with host via substance released outside of symbiont

and its children:
GO:0052048 interaction with host via secreted substance involved in symbiotic interaction
GO:0044052 interaction with host via substance released by membrane budding
GO:0044050 interaction with host via substance released by sporangium lysis
GO:0044051 interaction with host via substance released by symbiont cytolysis

The reason for obsoletion is that these terms conflate a process and the mechanism of secretion of the gene product mediating the process.

There are 4 EXP annotations by CAFA, PAMGO and MTTBASE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knAZF3pbQ1me2FH-hGWVv4PAgd-iaFavGeQs02jMRZA/edit#gid=0
There are no mappings to these terms. The terms are not present in any subset (slim).

https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17489

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on June 17th, 2019. Unless objections are received by June 17th, 2019. we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale