[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044217 other organism part' and some children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Jun 11 15:00:34 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete
- GO:0044216 other organism cell' (annotations have been removed, see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10rxn6SXnSI3v6InT09PvMLCAY6HDIond1os5YeUiWYE/edit#gid=0)
- GO:0044217 other organism part' (0 annotations)
- GO:0044218 other organism cell membrane  (14 annotations, see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZ6-lK_X4XuzL4ScQ-RclPIm5xcQI8jW2S0wGBp9cms/edit#gid=0

The reason for annotation is that more specific terms should be used (either host or symbiont cellular component, for proteins located to another organism part) or in some cases the annotation should be removed.

There are no mappings to these terms. The terms are not present in any subset (slim).

Comments can be added to the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17394

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on June 17th, 2019. Unless objections are received by June 17th, 2019. we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale