[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044126 regulation of growth of symbiont in host and related terms

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Jun 19 16:01:55 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:

* GO:0044144 modulation of growth of symbiont involved in interaction with host = 0 annotations;
* GO:0044126 regulation of growth of symbiont in host = 0 annotations
* GO:0044130 negative regulation of growth of symbiont in host = a few; mostly host proteins annotated to this term
* GO:0044128 positive regulation of growth of symbiont in host 0 annotations
* GO:0044139 modulation of growth of symbiont on or near host = 0 annotations
* GO:0044140 negative regulation of growth of symbiont on or near host surface = 3 annotations; only host proteins annotated to this term
* GO:0044142 positive regulation of growth of symbiont on or near host surface = 0

The reason for obsoletion is that the usage of these terms were not clear and the terms have been misused.

There are no mappings to these terms. The terms are not present in any subset (slim).

Comments can be added to the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17521

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on June 25th, 2019. Unless objections are received by June 25th, 2019. we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale