[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete GO:0005924 cell-substrate adherens junction

Kramarz, Barbara barbara.kramarz at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 17 02:53:55 PST 2019

Dear All,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0005924 cell-substrate adherens junction

The reason for obsoletion is that such structure does not exist in biology, as explained here: #18119<https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18119>

An adherens junction is always a cell-cell junction.

This obsoletion will be done together with ontology revisions of other related terms (including, definitions, synonyms and relations) and the necessary annotation reviews, all referenced in this issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18124

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18124

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Monday 25th November 2019.

Unless objections are received by Friday 22nd November 2019, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks,
Barbara

[cid:2c31788e-4655-44f0-8dba-6e7b48216e9a]
Twitter: @UCLgene<https://twitter.com/uclgene?lang=en>