[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0060154 cellular process regulating host cell cycle in response to virus

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Nov 20 00:42:29 PST 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:0060154 cellular process regulating host cell cycle in response to virus'. The reason for obsoletion is that based on the current definition (Any cellular process that modulates the rate or extent of progression through the cell cycle in response to a virus), it is not clear that this process exists. All 4 experimental annotations that were associated with this term were incorrect and have been removed (https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2705). There is no mapping to this term. This term is not present in any subset.

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18190.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on November 26th, 2019. Unless objections are received by November 26th, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale