[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete GO:0052106 - quorum sensing involved in interaction with host

Karen Christie Karen.Christie at jax.org
Mon Oct 21 14:13:07 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0052106 - quorum sensing involved in interaction with host. The reason for obsoletion is that the term is not clearly defined and usage has been inconsistent.

There are 33 experimental and 10 ISO annotations to this term by:

  *   BHF-UCL (1 IDA, 1 IMP – both annotations are challenged)
  *   GeneDB (31 IMP, 8 ISO – all IMP ones could be moved to “quorum sensing”)
  *   MGI (1 ISO – depends on challenged annotation)
  *   RGD (1 ISO – depends on challenged annotation)

There are 0 InterPro2GO mappings to this term.

This term is NOT included in any subsets.

This existing term is suggested for transferring annotations that have not been challenged:
-- GO:0009372 – quorum sensing

Any comments can be  added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17757

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on October 29th. Unless objections are received by October 28th, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks,

Karen

--
Dr. Karen R. Christie
Senior curator, Mouse Genome Informatics

---