[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: certain multi-organism transport terms

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Oct 22 03:57:29 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:

GO:1902537 multi-organism pinocytosis
GO:1990967 multi-organism toxin transport
GO:1902586 multi-organism intercellular transport
GO:1902588 multi-organism plasmodesmata-mediated intercellular transport

The reason for the obsoletion is that only host proteins take part in these processes, so it is NOT a multi-organism process.

There are no annotations, no mappings to those terms. Those terms are not present in any slims.

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18037

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on October 28th, 2019. Unless objections are received by October 28th  2019, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale