[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete "GO:0052213 interaction with symbiont via secreted substance"

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Oct 25 02:39:38 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete "GO:0052213 interaction with symbiont via secreted substance". The reason for obsoletion is that this process is not clearly defined, based on the definition ("An interaction with a symbiont organism mediated by a substance secreted by a host organism. ") it only describes a binding function.

There are 6 EXP annotations using this term by UniProt & CAFA. Those have been disouted in Protein 2GO (list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAEkD84M9kmJMji7l409OqkMh3wVCKFPHGNy207yG18/edit#gid=0).

There are no mappings to this term, this term is not present in any subset.

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17993

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on October 31st, 2019. Unless objections are received by October 31st, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale