[go-friends] Changes to the RNA files provided by GOA in the GO database

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Sep 11 14:25:00 PDT 2019

Dear all,

For this upcoming release we are changing the RNA files we are providing: we are now excluding all IEA annotations for RNA gene products. Therefore the following species will not have any IEA annotations for RNA products: human, cow, chicken, and dog. The reason for this change is that the current method for producing IEA annotations for RNA gene products results in substantial redundancy of annotation.

Thanks, Pascale