[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: children of GO:0052201 response to symbiont defenses'

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Thu Sep 26 05:17:21 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:
'GO:0052181 modulation by host of symbiont defense response'
'GO:0052197 positive regulation by host of symbiont defense response'
'GO:0052393 induction by host of symbiont defense response'
The reason for obsoletion is that there is no evidence that the host can modulate or regulate a symbiont’s defense response. There are no annotations or mapping to these terms. Those terms are not in any subsets.

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17907

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on September 30th. Unless objections are received by September 30th, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale