Search Mailing List Archives
[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete grouping terms for coenzyme role
Karen.Christie at jax.org
Mon Apr 13 13:49:24 PDT 2020
The proposal has been made to obsolete the coenzyme grouping terms:
* GO:0050662 - coenzyme binding
* GO:0006732 - coenzyme metabolic process
* GO:0009108 - coenzyme biosynthetic process
* GO:0009109 - coenzyme catabolic process
* GO:0051182 - coenzyme transport
* GO:0051185 - coenzyme transmembrane transporter activity
* GO:0051196 - regulation of coenzyme metabolic process
* GO:0051198 - negative regulation of coenzyme metabolic process
* GO:0051197 - positive regulation of coenzyme metabolic process
The reasons for these obsoletions are:
* Reasoning over ChEBI role of “coenzyme” is producing many inferences that are not appropriate in GO.
* It is not very meaningful to group processes that are not metabolically related by the fact that they produce a compound that may be used as a coenzyme or to group various kinds of binding to chemically unrelated compounds by the fact that they may be used as a coenzyme.
There are 37 annotations to these terms that need to be reviewed and 32 sequence annotations that may need to be reviewed:
EXP TAS RCA
There are InterPro2GO & UniRule mappings to these terms:
coenzyme biosynthetic process
The term “coenzyme binding” is included in the subset: metagenomics.
Please consider if these annotations can be transferred to a term for some specific type of cofactor. Let me know if you think we may need any new terms.
Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/19243
We are opening a comment period for these proposed obsoletions. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on April 27th. Unless objections are received by April 27th, we will assume that you agree to this change.
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the go-friends