[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0035392 maintenance of chromatin silencing at telomere and GO:0035391 maintenance of chromatin silencing at silent mating-type cassette

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Mon Apr 20 12:11:53 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete:
* GO:0035391 maintenance of chromatin silencing at silent mating-type cassette: 0 annotations
* GO:0035392 maintenance of chromatin silencing at telomere: 6 EXP annotations
** 5 SGD (can probably be replaced by GO:0034398  telomere tethering at nuclear periphery)
** 1 FlyBase (NOT; can be deleted)

The reason for obsoletion is that chromatin silencing is a phenotype. The term 'maintenance of chromatin silencing at telomere' has been misused and should be reannotated.

These terms are not present in any subsets; there are no mappings to those terms.

You can comment in the ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/19301

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed with the obsoletion this term on April 27th, 2020. Unless objections are received by April 27th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale