[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0071615 oxidative deethylation and GO:0042964 thioredoxin reduction

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Dec 8 01:33:53 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

- GO:0071615 oxidative deethylation 19 EXP, AgBase
- GO:0042964 thioredoxin reduction: 2 EXP, TAIR; consider: GO:0004791 thioredoxin-disulfide reductase activity

The reason for obsoletion is that those terms represent molecular functions. There are no mappings; these terms are not present in any subsets.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on December 14th, 2020. Unless objections are received by December 14th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change. You can  comment on the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/20250

Thanks, Pascale