[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Dec 8 22:52:41 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
The reason for obsoletion is that this terms represent a molecular function. There are no mappings. This term is in the goslim_pir @laihokati @nataled

There are 456 EXP annotations to this term:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1owywavz672BV2RosEYldN9LpclDCI2F2kocREICX_LI/edit#gid=0

According to the Term Matrix, most genes (97%) annotated to GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process also also annotated to a molecular function (by all evidence codes), so reannotation is probably not worth the effort, unless groups want to find a more meaningful process.

Contributor   (Assigned by)
--
AgBase | 4
AspGD | 4
BHF-UCL | 33
CACAO | 2
CAFA | 8
CGD | 6
EcoCyc | 6
EcoliWiki | 6
FlyBase | 16
HGNC-UCL | 1
MGI | 7
MTBBASE | 23
PseudoCAP | 3
RGD | 1
SGD | 3
TAIR | 12
UniProt | 300
WB | 16
ZFIN | 4

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on December 14th, 2020. **Please let me know if you need more time.** Unless objections are received by December 14th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change. You can comment on the ticket: #20250.

Thanks, Pascale