[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: 'GO:0052231 modulation of phagocytosis in other organism involved in symbiotic interaction' and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Feb 7 03:19:20 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:

- 'GO:0052231 modulation of phagocytosis in other organism involved in symbiotic interaction' -> 0 annotations
- 'GO:0052522 positive regulation by organism of phagocytosis in other organism involved in symbiotic interaction' -> 0 annotations
- 'GO:0052379 modulation by organism of entry into other organism via phagocytosis involved in symbiotic interaction' -> 0 annotations
- GO:0052066 entry of symbiont into host cell by promotion of host phagocytosis: 1 human annotation - incorrect
- GO:0052191 positive regulation by symbiont of host phagocytosis -> 0 annotations
- GO:0052190 modulation by symbiont of host phagocytosis
3 EXP: 2 GeneDB, 1 MTBASE

The reason for obsoletion is that those processes do not exist; symbionts may enter cells via host endocytic mechanisms, but this does not involved any modulation or regulation.

Consider annotating to GO:0085017 entry into host cell by a symbiont-containing vacuole.

There are 4 annotations to those terms, as listed above. There are no mappings; those terms are not present in any subsets.

Any comment may be added to the ticket:

https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18562.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 14th, 2020. Unless objections are received by February 14th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale