[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0052047 symbiotic process mediated by secreted substance

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Feb 11 01:29:58 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0052047 symbiotic process mediated by secreted substance.

The reason for obsoletion is that this term has been misused to annotate host proteins.

There is one EXP annotation to this term (MGI) (the other by CAFA has been deleted). There are no mappings to this term. This term is not present in any subsets.

Any comment may be added to the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/ <https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/>18764

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. Since there are a few annotations we’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 17th, 2020. Unless objections are received by February 17th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale