[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0098740 multi organism cell adhesion

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Sun Feb 16 23:03:17 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

GO:0098740 multi organism cell adhesion 2 EXP UniProt
The reason for obsoletion is that this term has been misused to capture a symbiont protein binding a host membrane protein. There is no evidence that hosts and symbionts have a common cell adhesion pathway.

There are 2 EXP annotations to this term (being disputed). There are no mappings to this term; this term is not present in any subset.

geneontology/go-ontology#18865

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 24th, 2020. Unless objections are received by February 24th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale