[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: precomposed terms for appressorium formation

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Feb 19 19:03:54 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:

GO:0075021 cAMP-mediated activation of appressorium formation
GO:0075023 MAPK-mediated regulation of appressorium formation
GO:0075024 phospholipase C-mediated activation of appressorium formation
GO:0075020 calcium or calmodulin-mediated activation of appressorium formation
GO:0075022 ethylene-mediated activation of appressorium formation

The reason for obsoletion is that these terms should be captured as GO-CAM pathways.
There are no annotations and no mappings to those terms. Those terms are not present in any subsets.

Any comments can be made to the ticket:  https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18564

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 26th, 2020. Unless objections are received by February 26th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale