[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044034 multi-organism biosynthetic process and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Feb 25 06:31:05 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete:
* GO:0044034 multi-organism biosynthetic process
* GO:0052226 biosynthesis of substance in other organism involved in symbiotic interaction
* GO:0052352 biosynthesis by host of substance in symbiont
* GO:0052007 biosynthesis by symbiont of substance in host

The reason for obsoletion is that there is no evidence that hosts and symbionts have common biosynthesis processes (even though some substances produced by one organism may be used by the other).

There is one InterPro mapping to this term, IPR015845.
There are no manual annotations. Those terms are not present in any slims.

Any comments can be made to the ticket: geneontology/go-ontology#18787

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on March 3rd, 2020. Unless objections are received by March 3rd, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale