[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:1903474 anchoring of the mitotic actomyosin contractile ring to the plasma membrane'.

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Mon Jan 6 11:46:35 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:1903474 anchoring of the mitotic actomyosin contractile ring to the plasma membrane'. The reason for obsoletion is that this term is not necessary, and should be captured as 'MF cytoskeletal protein membrane adaptor
part_of BP mitotic actomyosin contractile ring assembly'.

Experimental annotations to this term are being removed (affects the PomBase group only).
This term is not present in any slims.
There is one InterPro domain: IPR037791
@happy-lorna Could it be annotated as proposed above ?

Any comments can be added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18454

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on January 13th, 2020. Unless objections are received by January 13th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale