[go-friends] ANNOUNCEMENT: Retire gp2protein files

Van Auken, Kimberly M. vanauken at caltech.edu
Thu Jan 16 07:31:47 PST 2020

Dear GO Friends,

The GOC would like to retire the gp2protein files that map gene identifiers from databases, e.g. MGI or WB, to the canonical reference protein in UniProtKB.

These files have been generated by groups contributing annotations to the GOC.

We plan to retire these files in ~ one month's time, February 15th.

We encourage anyone who may still be using these files to contact us (help at geneontology.org<mailto:help at geneontology.org>) to discuss alternative ways of obtaining these mappings (e.g. gene production information (gpi) files).

You may also comment on the corresponding github ticket:

geneontology/go-site#1324<https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/1324>

Thank you.

-- Kimberly Van Auken
-- Pascale Gaudet