[go-friends] Proposal to obsolete "drug binding" (GO:0008144)

Karen Christie Karen.Christie at jax.org
Mon Jun 29 18:14:55 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: `drug binding` (GO:0008144). The reason for obsoletion is that it is not meaningful to describe a molecular function by what role a compound is involved in.

There are 236 experimental, 5 author statement, & 326 sequence-based annotations to this term.
- AgBase - 78
- AspGD - 4
- BHF-UCL - 21
- CAFA - 5
- CGD - 18
- ComplexPortal - 2
- EcoCyc - 23
- EcoliWiki - 3
- MGI - 117
- MTBBASE - 1
- PINC - 1
- RGD - 136
- SGD - 1
- UniProt - 155
- WB - 1
- ZFIN - 1

See table here for more detail: https://github.com/geneontology/go-announcements/issues/145

There are 2 mappings to this term:
- InterPro:IPR000335
- Rfam:RF02912

This term is included in the subset: goslim_pir

Any comments can be  added to the issue: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/19480

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on July 21st.  Unless objections are received by July 21, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks,

-Karen
---