[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0005072 transforming growth factor beta receptor, cytoplasmic mediator activity and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Thu Mar 5 11:06:07 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

GO:0005072 transforming growth factor beta receptor, cytoplasmic mediator activity
and children: GO:0030618 transforming growth factor beta receptor, pathway-specific cytoplasmic mediator activity
GO:0030616 transforming growth factor beta receptor, common-partner cytoplasmic mediator activity
GO:0030617 transforming growth factor beta receptor, inhibitory cytoplasmic mediator activity

The reason for obsoletion is that there are other terms that represent the same functions; for example:

- GO:0030617 transforming growth factor beta receptor, inhibitory cytoplasmic mediator activity
should be annotated as 'GO:0140416 DNA-binding transcription factor inhibitor activity', occurs_in cytosol
- others may be GO:0000981 DNA-binding transcription factor activity, RNA polymerase II-specific, or GO:0003712 transcription coregulator activity.

16 annotations need to be reviewed, see
https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2858

Group | Number of annotations
-- | --
BHF-UCL | 11
ComplexPortal | 1
FlyBase | 2
WB | 1
PINC | 1

mappings to those terms. Those terms are not present in any subsets.

There are no mappings to those term. Those terms are not present in any subsets.

You can add any comments to the ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/16202

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on March 19th, 2020. Unless objections are received by March 19th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale