[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0005070 SH3/SH2 adaptor activity

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Mon Mar 9 23:58:23 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:0005070 SH3/SH2 adaptor activity. The reason for obsoletion is that molecular adaptors should be represented by the type of molecules they serve to adapt, and not their domains. Right now they represent gene products rather than activities.

There are 29 manual annotations to this term and 12 InterPro mappings. Please review your annotations in this ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2871

Group | Number of annotations
-- | --
BHF-UCL | 7
HGNC-UCL | 1
FlyBase | 5
MGI | 5
UniProt | 9
CAFA | 2
InterPro | 12

This term in not in any subset.

You can add any comments to the ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18409

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. Since there are some annotations we’d like to propose to obsolete this term on March 31st, 2020. Unless objections are received by March 31st, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale