[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0003695 random coil DNA binding

Harold Drabkin Harold.Drabkin at jax.org
Tue Mar 10 07:44:55 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

GO:0003695 random coil DNA binding
The reason for obsoleting is  that the definition is not clear enough as to what is directing specificity of the binding to the DNA.

There are no annotations or mappings using this term.
geneontology/go-ontology# 18879
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Mar 19, 2020. Unless objections are received by Mar 19, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks,  Harold

---