[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at the plasma membrane

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Mar 24 10:52:40 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete "GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at the plasma membrane". The reason for obsoletion is that this term represents a molecular function, GO:0106006 cytoskeletal protein-membrane adaptor activity.

There are 28 manual annotations (EXP + others) and 3 InterPro mappings; see annotation ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/2902

Contributor | Number of annotations
-- | --
BHF-UCL | 3
dictyBase | 1
FlyBase | 11
MGI | 2
PINC | 2 (done @pgaudet )
UniProt | 7
WB | 2

This term is not present in any subsets.

You can comment in the ticket:
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/19119

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed with the obsoletion this term on March 31st, 2020. Unless objections are received by March 31st, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale