[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0044110 growth involved in symbiotic interaction and children

Pascale Gaudet pascale.gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Nov 4 05:30:57 PST 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete:
GO:0044110 growth involved in symbiotic interaction
GO:0044117 growth of symbiont in host
GO:0044119 growth of symbiont in host cell
GO:0044121 growth of symbiont in host vacuole

The reason for obsoletion is that these terms combine a process and a location. Moreover, most of the annotations are viability assays, not cell growth assays. Cell growth is defined as an increase in size, and this is not how these terms have been used.

There are 11 annotations to this term by MTBASE (being reviewed). There are no mappings, those terms are not present in any slims.

You can add comments to the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/20273
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on November 10th, 2020. Unless objections are received by November 10th, 2020, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale