[go-friends] Obsoletion notice GO:0050478 GO:0047944 GO:0019157

Harold Drabkin Harold.Drabkin at jax.org
Wed Sep 30 11:30:55 PDT 2020

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following GO terms
GO:0050478 anthranilate 3-monooxygenase activity
GO:0047944 glutamate 1-kinase activity
GO:0019157  malate oxidase activity
The reason for obsoletion is RHEA has determined that these reactions do not exist.

There are no annotations and no mappings to the first two.
GO:0019157 has a single TAS annotation, PCK1 P05153 (Gallus gallus, coming from Agbase, using PMID:9039828)

Any comments can be added to the ticket: geneontology/go-ontology/ 20061

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. Since there are almost no annotations we’d like to proceed and obsolete this term soon. .  So, if   objections are received by October 5, 2020 , we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Harold

---