[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0000199 activation of MAPK activity involved in cell wall organization or biogenesis and GO:0071508 activation of MAPK activity involved in conjugation with cellular fusion

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Apr 16 07:43:56 PDT 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

* GO:0000199 activation of MAPK activity involved in cell wall organization or biogenesis and
* GO:0071508 activation of MAPK activity involved in conjugation with cellular fusion

The reason for obsoletion that those are pre-composed terms that should be captured as a GO-CAM model. There are 3 EXP annotations to 'activation of MAPK activity involved in cell wall organization or biogenesis' by AspGD, and no annotations to 'activation of MAPK activity involved in conjugation with cellular fusion'.

There are no mappings to those terms; those terms are not in any subsets.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on April 23. Unless objections are received by April 23, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/20242

Thanks, Pascale
Thanks, Pascale