[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0000187 | activation of MAPK activity & related terms

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Apr 16 09:16:16 PDT 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:

GO:0000187 | activation of MAPK activity'
GO:0000186 | activation of MAPKK activity'
GO:0000185 | activation of MAPKKK activity'
GO:0007256 | activation of JNKK activity
GO:0007257 | activation of JUN kinase activity

The reason for obsoletion is that those represent molecular functions. There are 291 annotations to those terms:
AgBase | 5
BHF-UCL | 36
CACAO | 2
CAFA | 2
CGD | 1
DFLAT | 3
dictyBase | 7
FlyBase | 9
HGNC | 1
HGNC-UCL | 3
MGI | 69
RGD | 29
SGD | 10
UniProt | 94
WB | 13
ZFIN | 3

and 8 InterPro mappings.

Annotation reviews are here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3735

You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/21307

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on May 15, to leave time for groups to make corrections. Unless objections are received by May 15, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/
Thanks, Pascale