[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0031493 nucleosomal histone binding

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Dec 14 03:29:12 PST 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete GO:0031493 nucleosomal histone binding. The reason for obsoletion is that this is redundant with the CC annotation GO:0000786 nucleosome (and the MF GO:0042393 histone binding)

There are 39 manual annotations

Contributor   (Assigned by) | Number of annotations
-- | --
ARUK-UCL | 2
BHF-UCL | 1
ComplexPortal | 1
PomBase | 24
RGD | 1
SGD | 3
TAIR | 2
UniProt | 3

There is one InterPro mapping: IPR021162

One PTHR family: PTHR22880

Annotations to be reviewed are here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/4008
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/22467
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Dec 21, 2021. Unless objections are received by December 21 we will assume that you agree to this change.
Thanks, Pascale