[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: cell-specific mitochondrion

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Feb 5 03:59:57 PST 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete
GO:1990843 subsarcolemmal mitochondrion
GO:1990844 interfibrillar mitochondrion
and GO:0016007 mitochondrial derivative

The reason for obsoletion is that these correspond to mitochondria of specific cell types and this information should be captured as an extension.

There are 4 annotations to GO:0016007 mitochondrial derivative by Flybase, to be moved @hattrill
and 1 annotation to each GO:1990843 subsarcolemmal mitochondrion and GO:1990844 interfibrillar mitochondrion by RDG @slaulederkind

There are no mappings; those terms are not present in any subsets.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 12. Unless objections are received by February 12, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/20737

Thanks, Pascale