[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0072321 chaperone-mediated protein transport and GO:0061741 chaperone-mediated protein transport involved in chaperone-mediated autophagy

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Feb 10 00:12:33 PST 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete

* GO:0072321 chaperone-mediated protein transport
* GO:0061741 chaperone-mediated protein transport involved in chaperone-mediated autophagy

The reason for obsoletion is that those represent a function within a process, and result in inconsistent annotations.

There are 27 annotations to those terms, see https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3622
Suggestions have been made for reaannotation, but note that the new term has just been created, so it may not be immediately available in annotation tools.

Contributor   (Assigned by)
--
AgBase | 1 Fixed
BHF-UCL | 10

There are no mappings to those terms; those terms are not present in any subsets.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 17. Unless objections are received by February 17, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/20850
Thanks, Pascale