[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: some children of mitochondrial fission

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Thu Mar 11 00:36:57 PST 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete
GO:0090146 establishment of mitochondrion localization involved in mitochondrial fission
GO:0090147 regulation of establishment of mitochondrion localization involved in mitochondrial fission
GO:0090145 mitochondrial nucleoid organization involved in mitochondrial fission
No annotations

GO:0033955 mitochondrial DNA inheritance - 12 EXP, annotation review ticket https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3674

The reason for obsoletion is that those terms represent phenotypes/observations of other processes, such as consider GO:0000002 mitochondrial genome maintenance and GO:0000266 mitochondrial fission.

There are no mappings, those terms are not present in any subsets.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on March 17th. Unless objections are received by March 17th, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18417

Thanks, Pascale