[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0007588 excretion

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Nov 9 23:35:27 PST 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete GO:0007588 excretion. The reason for obsoletion is that this term groups unrelated processes and has been used inconsistently.

There are 53 manual annotations, see
https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3974

Contributor  | (Assigned by)
--|--
BHF-UCL | 6
dictyBase | 3
FlyBase | 1
HGNC-UCL | 2
MGI | 11
PINC | 18
UniProt | 10
WB | 2

This term is in the subset goslim_pir @nataled

There are no mappings to this term.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Nov 24, to leave time for groups to make corrections. Unless objections are received by Nov 24, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You may comment on the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/22368
Thanks, Pascale