[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0150100 'RNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing' and GO:1903231 'mRNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Mon Nov 15 07:50:30 PST 2021

Hi,

The proposal has been made to obsolete: GO:0150100 'RNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing' and GO:1903231 'mRNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing

There are ~ 1500 annotations, see https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3976

* GO:0150100 RNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing -> 0 annotations
*  GO:1903231 mRNA binding involved in posttranscriptional gene silencing
* * 1303                UCL (BHF, ARUK and ParkinsonsUK)
* * 166  FlyBase
* * 26     ZFIN
* * 7       MGI
* * 6       DIBU
* * 1       EcoCyc
* * 1       TAIR

We suggest that people replace all annotations by GO:0003729 mRNA binding + part of GO:0016441 posttranscriptional gene silencing or a child.

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Nov 29, to leave time for groups to make corrections. Unless objections are received by Nov 29, 2021, we will assume that you agree to this change.
You may comment on the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18851

Thanks, Pascale