[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0042769 DNA damage response, detection of DNA damage

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Wed Sep 8 03:38:09 PDT 2021

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete GO:0042769 DNA damage response, detection of DNA damage. The reason for obsoletion is that this corresponds to a molecular function (GO:0140612 DNA damage sensor activity). There are EXP 32 annotations to this term (some of which are already fixed, see https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/3917).

There are no mappings to this term; this term is not present in any subsets.

You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/19051
We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on Sept 15, 2021. Unless objections are received by Sept 15, we will assume that you agree to this change.
Thanks, Pascale