[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: DNA repair, DNA incision

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Feb 18 06:37:36 PST 2022

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete the following terms:
* GO:0033683 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision
* [GO:0006295 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision, 3'-to lesion](http://amigo.geneontology.org/amigo/term/GO:0006295#display-lineage-tab)
*  [GO:0006296 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision, 5'-to lesion](http://amigo.geneontology.org/amigo/term/GO:0006296#display-lineage-tab)
*  GO:1990731 UV-damage excision repair, DNA incision

The reason for obsoletion is that these terms are MFs represented as BPs (definitions start of "A process that results in the endonucleolytic cleavage of the damaged strand of DNA ", and go on to describe the type of lesion/pathway). Annotations can be moved to a parent (GO:0033683  nucleotide-excision repair, DNA incision) or GO:0070914 UV-damage excision repair.

There are 35 annotations to these terms. These terms don't have any mappings; and they are not present in any subsets.

Annotations are here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/4059

Contributor   (Assigned by) | Annotations
--|--
CACAO | 1
ComplexPortal | 2
EcoCyc | 1
FlyBase | 2
MGI | 2
PomBase | 1
SGD | 6
TAIR | 1
UniProt | 18

You can comment on the ticket here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/22883

We would like to proceed with the obsoletion on March 4th, 2022. If you We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on March 4th, 2022. Unless objections are received by March 4th, 2022, we will assume that you agree to this change.

Thanks, Pascale