[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0010260 animal organ senescence

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Tue Jan 25 06:10:14 PST 2022

Dear all,

The proposal has been made to obsolete 'GO:0010260  animal organ senescence'. The reason for obsoletion is that this term represents a phenotype.
Unlike plant organ senescence, which takes place to allow plants to reuse cellular components and nutrients from shed leaves and flowers (see #22725), we cannot find 'normal'  conditions of animal organ senescence.

There are 5 EXP annotations:
2 SGN
1 MGI @hdrabkin
2 RGD @gthayman

These look like phenotypes, we are not able to suggest a normal process to which they can be reannoated. There are no mappings; these terms are not present in any subsets.

You can comment on the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/22732

Thanks, Pascale