[go-friends] Obsoletion notice: GO:0016584 nucleosome positioning

Pascale Gaudet Pascale.Gaudet at sib.swiss
Fri Jan 28 06:00:43 PST 2022

Dear all,

The proposal has been made by the Transcription working group to obsolete GO:0016584 nucleosome positioning. The reason for obsoletion is that this should be captured as a molecular function, either 'GO:0140658 ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler activity' or a child, 'GO:0140751 histone octamer slider activity' or 'GO:0140750 nucleosome array spacer activity'.

There are 53 annotations to this term, see
https://github.com/geneontology/go-annotation/issues/4026

    22 CPX annotations
    16 FlyBase
    1 PomBase - removed
    14 SGD

You can comment on the ticket: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/17338

We are opening a comment period for this proposed obsoletion. We’d like to proceed and obsolete this term on February 3, 2022. Unless objections are received by February 3, we will assume that you agree to this change.