[Gohelp] GOOSE SQL query

Amelia Ireland aji at
Fri Aug 1 10:13:27 PDT 2008

Dear Pegah Tavakolkhah,

> I have one more question. I have read in the description of some GOs
> that they are involved in apoptosis or angiogenesis (which are the main
> reasons of cancer). I wanted to know if apoptosis or angiogenesis are GO
> themselves. And if they are, would their descendant GOs show the GOs
> which are responsible for these two processes?

If you do a search for terms either using GOOSE or using AmiGO
(, you can find the GO terms apoptosis
and angiogenesis (GO:0001525;
You can find the gene products that have been associated with these
processes (and the more specific child processes), either by choosing the
gene product associations link in AmiGO, or by using GOOSE to query the GO

I hope that is helpful; if you have any more questions, please
don't hesitate to contact the GO Helpdesk again.

Kind regards,
Amelia Ireland, GO Helpdesk

Got a GO question? Ask the GO Helpdesk at