[go-helpdesk] human GO annotations

David Hill David.Hill at jax.org
Mon Jun 11 04:52:35 PDT 2012

Dear Dr. Bionas,

Thank you for contacting the Gene Ontology Consortium. You can achieve
this file from the UniProt QuickGo resource as follows:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/QuickGO/

1. Click on the 'Search and Filter GO annotation sets'
2. On the resulting page, click on the 'Filter' button in the top
right-hand toolbar
3. Choose the 'Taxon' tab and select the first radio button 'human' and
click 'Submit' at the bottom
4. This will provide all the human annotations, to map to Entrez Gene
IDs click on the 'ID mapping' button in the top right-hand toolbar and
choose the 'GeneID' radio button and click on 'Submit' at the bottom
5. To download the annotations, click on the 'download' button in the
top right-hand toolbar, choose the file format (includes gene
association file format) from the drop-down and ensure you increase the
limit (default=1000) to >the number of annotations in the set (this
number is shown in the top left of the annotation table, or you can
click on the 'Statistics' button in the top right-hand toolbar and in
the summary tab is the number of annotations - was 336,138 annotations
when I did these filtering steps)

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

David Hill