[go-helpdesk] Fwd: GO site unavailable

Tanya Berardini tberardi at acoma.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 13 09:44:43 PDT 2012

For archive.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Monika Komorowska <monika at ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: GO site unavailable
To: Tanya Berardini <tberardi at acoma.stanford.edu>

Hi Tanya

Thanks very much for the update

Regards
Monika

On 13 Jun 2012, at 17:39, Tanya Berardini wrote:

Dear Monika,

Thank you for contacting GO with your report.  You may have already gotten
an email (sent to the go-friends mailing list) informing you about the GO
downtime.  In case you have not, I've copied it below:

--------------
There was an air conditioner failure last night in the room where
server for the
GO Wiki (wiki.geneontology.org) and the GO CVS repository (
ext.geneontology.org) is located.   These services are currently
unavailable until repairs can be made.  Unfortunately we do not have an
estimate when this work will be completed.  We will bring the server back
online at the earliest possible time.

Thank you for your patience and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

-----
Gail Binkley
Database Administrator SGD, CGD, AspGD, GO
Stanford University
gail.binkley at stanford.edu
-----------------------

As you've pointed out, the main GO website appears to have been affected as
well as the GO Wiki and GO CVS repository.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

Tanya Berardini
TAIR Curator

> [...]