[go-helpdesk] column headings

Susan Tweedie sart2 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 09:21:05 PDT 2012

Dear Candace

Thank you for contacting the GO Consortium with your question.

 From your description, I think you have downloaded GO annotations for
the MED12 genes in gene association format. A description of the
contents of these columns can be found on the GO website:

http://www.geneontology.org/GO.format.gaf-1_0.shtml

However, I am not sure what you mean when you say that results are
listed from general to specific (there is no such ordering in the gene
association format) so perhaps I have misunderstood. If this doesn't
answer your question please get back to us and include an example of
the results you refer to.

Best wishes,
Susan Tweedie

FlyBase GO curator