[go-ontology] TG 1 ready for testing

Tanya Berardini tberardi at acoma.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 2 16:40:35 PST 2011

I am away next week and back Thurs mid afternoon.  (David is away too, back
Fri. am) If someone else wants to test TG1 in the commit stage, please go
ahead and do so.  Gatekeeper instructions follow below so that someone else
can do the commits to the live ontology in my place.

Here are the instructions that I follow.  I usually run the test mode first
and then the for real one.  This is my set up on my Mac.  Your directory
for OBO-Edit2 may be somewhere else.  And yes, I still use OE2 and not any
of the other newer versions.

-----------------------
QUICK SUMMARY. Do this to pull in submissions, make sure that all your
terms are in there, they might not have made it if they were added less
than an hour before you start because the cvs repository only updates on
the hour.

>cd go/ontology/editors/xp_submit
>cvs update

TEST MODE:

>perl ./merge-xp-submissions.pl --dry-run --obo2obo /Applications/OBO-Edit2

FOR REAL:

 <http://merge-xp-submissions.pl/>
>cd ..
>cvs diff
>cvs commit gene_ontology_write.obo
>cvs commit xp_submit/

Make sure you do the last two steps otherwise the new terms will not end up
in the ontology.  The last step resets the 'new term' file to a blank one.

Good luck!  I'm looking forward to TG1 in action.  I'll do one last commit
to the live file in about 2 mins and then that will be it for this week.

Tanya

Tanya Berardini
TAIR Curator
www.arabidopsis.org